In January, I wrote down notes at the end of my Desire Map day planner regarding the future I want to be a part of. (If you don’t already have a Desire Map planner, grab one. Danielle LaPorte creates an awesome planner). As I was filling out my last week of 2014 today, I turned the page to see my notes from the beginning of the year and wanted to share those thoughts here.
I have a dream…2020
- Where prevention has better incentives in healthcare than drugs. FSA’s can be used for yoga, CSA’s, green smoothies, Kombucha, and more ancient herbal remedies make a comeback in hospital treatments.
- Where housing goes back to being shelter & is built for current reality. (Affordable based on local medium income.)
- Where kids are educated early on with
survivalthriving skills – nutrition, financial, psychological/conflict resolution – and are encouraged to develop their unique gifts based on their individual strengths.
- Where big companies truly answer to consumers and transparency is the norm.
- Where social media creates villages, and yet collaborations among tribes to help each other live healthy, sustainable lives that will withstand the abuse from forces that manipulated markets prior to this level of transparency.
- Where female entrepreneurs have a home to work, learn, connect.
This might even happen before 2020. For now, I’ll prepare my corner of the world for when this becomes reality.